Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blurry Words and Blending Books

It's 11pm and I'm still buzzing from the 3 glasses of ice tea I had earlier. I'm not a night owl so this part of the 48HBC is hard for me. This evening I finished Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko and started on Coraline by Neil Gaiman. I think I'll write reviews in the morning-they will probably make more sense then.
So far I have accomplished 16 1/2 hours of reading for the 48HBC which doesn't seem like a lot in the big picture does it?
I have read 5 books that have been on my book shelf for a few months which makes me feel pretty good.
My plan for tonite is to finish Coraline and start another one before I can't keep my eyes open.
My challenge ends at 9am Sunday morning.
Sally Forth Good People!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think 16 1/2 hours is a lot. At first, when I decided to take part in the 48BC, I thought, "Hey, I've had marathon reading sessions before" but I'd never actually kept track of the time read. With all that one has going on in the day plus the inescapable fact that if we don't get some sleep, we're going to be wrecks (I am!), being able to read 2-4 hours at a stretch is a lot. Think about it-- 8 hours of sleep leaves 16 hours, plus one has to do other things in those 16 hours. You have in effect logged in enough hours to have read for a whole day.

    Brava!
    --Farida (who's logged 12 hours and 5 minutes of reading)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! *cheers you on* Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete