Friday, September 4, 2009

A Book Challenge!!!!

R.I.P. Challenge IV
Hosting by Stainless Steel Droppings

Books in this challenge have to contain one of the following elements: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Gothic or Horror.
It's a perfect time to revisit the dark side. I have childhood memories of sneaking my mom's paperbacks of forbidden reads-It by Stephen King, Comes the Blind Fury by John Saul and Children in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. Books read under covers with a flashlight.... quiet as a mouse and the thrill of placing the books back undiscovered.
Things a person has to go through for an interesting book!






So I accept the challenge of 4 books by Oct. 31
here are my choices pulled from my TBR pile-
1. The Summoning-Kelley Armstrong
2. The Forest of Teeth and Hands-Carrie Ryan
3. The Vampire's Assistant-Darren Shan
4. Wake-Lisa McMann
5. Catching Fire-Suzanne Collins
6. Blue Bloods-Melissa de la Cruz
I threw a couple extra in there just in case! I do a lot of traveling to watch my son play football and the car is a perfect place to read.
Wish me luck! Of course I plan to review each book I finish, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't those great memories though? :) I'm so glad you are joining in the challenge. I think your list of reads looks perfect and look forward to seeing what you decide to read this year. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete