Friday, February 19, 2010

MARKED



MARKED
by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
2009
320 Pages
When sixteen year old Zoey Redbird is marked one day at school by a tracker-life as she knows it ends. She leaves her family and friends behind to attend the House of Night. A school for vampyres. There she not only has to deal with making new friends and adjusting to a new school, she also has to hope that her body accepts "the change" and she doesn't suddenly drop dead.
This series has been HOT at the library so I was pretty excited to read Marked. I'm not really sure what expectations I had for the book but felt let down regardless. I felt like the "teen language" was way overdone by the characters. There was a oral sex scene at the beginning of the book that was just weird and unnecessary. Lastly, the rituals that the character partake in were long and boring.
I know that a lot of people have enjoyed this series, but I'm not one of them. The end of Marked leaves the story wide open for the next book in the series called Betrayed. But honestly I could care less who or what Zoey Redbird is betrayed by. This is a series I won't be jumping into.
This book is available to check out at the Salmon Public Library. I caution readers that this book contains strong language and sexual situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment