Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thank You John Marsden!

My son just finished this book-Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden. I bought for him to do a book report on in English. Book report is completed and he just asked me to buy the next one in the series-The Dead of Night. What's the big deal you ask. He's so not a reader, much to my dismay. This may be the series that actually hooks him! I was really excited to see that they have made a movie based on the book. Now I just need to find out where I can get my hands on a copy in the United States. The film was made and released in Australia.

3 comments:

  1. I read John Marsden's Letters From The Inside when I was 13. The ending disturbed me so much that I never could read another book by him. In retrospect, it was an incredible ending and I should try more from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so exciting! I love it when you finally find the "just right" book to hook a resistant reader :) I hope your son loves The Dead of Night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up a copy of Tomorrow a few months ago myself. John Marsden is my brother's favorite author (also not a huge reader, especially in his teens when he discovered Marsden). Good luck finding the movie. We've spent some time in Australia so my brother has seen it but I can't give you much advice except that you can rent it in Adelaide! :)

    ReplyDelete