Saturday, January 7, 2012

LOCAL LIBRARY CHALLENGE-2012

Local Library Challenge 2012
I found  fabulous challenge today!
Thank you to The Eclectic Bookshelf for hosting this challenge!
In an effort to save money for family vacation this year I am determined to get the majority of my reading material from the library. So I plan to save money AND support my local library!!!
And don't forget that most libraries have an ILL(Interlibrary Loaning) system so even if your local library doesn't have the book you want on the shelf they can borrow it from another library. My library doesn't even charge for this service!

I will go for 24 books from my library.
Rules:
1. Anyone can join.
2. You don't need a blog to participate. If you are a Non-blogger please leave a comment with a link (if you review elsewhere) to your review or with the book(s) you read.
3. Audio, ebooks (some libraries allow ebooks to be checked out), bound books are ok.
4. No re-reads
5. 6. Challenge goes from January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012

Levels:
Level 1 - Read 12 library books
Level 2 - Read 24 library books
Level 3 - Read 36 library books
Level 4 - Read 37+ library books

Go here to sign up-The Eclectic Bookshelf

2 comments:

  1. I love my libraries. I have cards to two branches and ILL is great. I love being about to search the library catolog anytime I want on online, including very late at night. If you read a lot and have a great library you can easily do level three. Goodluck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a library addict -- I think I have over 37 books checked out right now. I use ILL, I request books, I drag all my kids there weekly. My local library is part of a ginormous system, but just in case I also have a card to the closest city library. Library rule!

    Where I lived near San Jose, I think I had six or so library cards because all the little towns had their own system. Palo Alto, Mountain View, Santa Clara City, Santa Clara county, San Jose, Sunnyvale, ...

    ReplyDelete