Thursday, July 13, 2017

PODCAST ALERT-My Favorite Murder

MY FAVORITE MURDER
One of my favorite things to do when I'm cooking dinner, cleaning, or painting(no, I'm not an artist, I just have a sick addiction to painting rooms in my house and then deciding I hate the color and repainting.) Anyways, that is a whole other post for another day or something I need to talk to my therapist about.
So, let me tell you one of my favorite podcasts to listen to while I do said things above. It's called My Favorite Murder hosted by these two great gals- Georgia Hardstark and Karen Kilgariff.
Here's what it's about-
My Favorite Murder is a hit true-crime comedy podcast that came out in early 2016. The show has broken download records and sparked an enthusiastic, interactive fan base who have come out in droves to support this podcast on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, merchandise sales, and attend sold shows during their nation wide tour going on right now.
It's a top 10 regular on iTunes' comedy podcast chart and has been featured in Entertainment Weekly, The Atlantic, Nylon, and Rolling Stone magazines.
Trying to explain the appeal of this podcast to friends, family, and strangers is a bit tricky. How can you make murder funny? I find myself stumbling over the words to describe why I love these ladies and the stories they tell. The topics and the stories they chose to tell are interesting, sometimes horrific, but always have a dash of humor mixed in.
The Daily Dot says"It doesn't have the distanced view that many true-crime shows do. It revels in it's curiosity, outrage, disgust, humor and imperfection. They are always very sensitive about the victims of the murder or the crime committed while telling the story, but have a great way of calling out the person who committed the crime or murder. While the Huffington Post sums up the podcast in these words. "There's no denying that 'comedy podcast' and 'murder' is an odd coupling, but their popularity suggests the show taps into a niche: people who want to indulge in the gruesome realities of the world."
Again, it's hard to explain---either you get it or you don't. But download their podcast on your phone and give the first 2 episodes a try. Either you will love them or decide it's not your cup of tea.
If you decide to pass on this particular podcast but love true crime I have some other ones I'll give a shout out to in a blog post down the road.
Listener Alert- These ladies use a lot of colorful language while telling their stories so don't have your littles running about while you take a listen. No one whats to hear your 3 year old throw the F-Bomb out at story time at the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment