Saturday, May 19, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW-"I FEEL PRETTY"



MOVIE SYNOPSIS:
In I FEEL PRETTY a woman who struggles with feelings of deep insecurity and low self-esteem, that hold her back everyday, wakes from a brutal fall in an exercise class believing she is suddenly a supermodel. With this newfound confidence she is empowered to live her life fearlessly and flawlessly, but what will happen when she realizes her appearance never changed?

MY THOUGHTS:
I was actually expecting a more raunchy Amy Schumer but I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of emotions that played out during this film. Amy plays Renee Bennett with the perfect combination of vulnerability and sassiness that makes this a heartwarming go see with the girls,  or your partner. I plan to rent it when it comes out and watch it with my 15 year old daughter because it's message about self confidence is spot on. My favorite supporting actress was Michelle Williams who has an adorable role that made me laugh out loud. Definitely worth a trip to the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment